Today (18 March) the Bishops Conference of England and Wales has agreed that the all public worship should cease in our communities from the evening of Friday 20 March. The obligation to attend Holy Mass on Sundays and Holy days is removed until further notice.
In Beckenham we have decided on the following arrangements from Saturday 21 March until further notice:
- In line with the Bishops’ advice St Edmund’s Church will remain open for personal prayer as at present – except as noted below.
- Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament will continue from 1030 until 1130 on weekdays and Saturdays.
- Mass will be celebrated, with the church building closed, at 6pm on Saturdays and at 930am and 530pm on Sundays, and these Masses will be broadcast here – on our WEBCAM.
- On weekdays and Saturdays Mass will be celebrated, again with the church building closed, at 9am and broadcast here – on our WEBCAM.
- A priest will be available for Confessions in the confessional in church from 1030 to 1100 on Saturdays.
- Arrangements for funerals, baptisms and weddings will be discussed with families concerned.
- We will be making available information about how you can participate at home. In addition to live streaming from our parish you can access Mass said each day by the Holy Father in Rome from the Vatican’s website: CLICK HERE and from the National Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham: CLICK HERE.
- Arrangements for Holy Week and the Easter Triduum will be decided upon and publicised nearer the time.