We have received guidance from the Bishops’ Conference on what we can now do in our church. There are still restrictions in place and, following talks with Archbishop John and our diocesan bishops, the priests of the diocese have been given the freedom to implement changes as and when they feel ready for them.
The first changes that we are introducing are –
- The quieter weekday Masses will no longer have stewards. You are asked to use the NHS QR code or to sign yourself in. You must still sanitize your hands and are still required to wear a mask.
- You will now return to your seats after communion and before the dismissal. This starts from this week’s Saturday vigil.
- The church will be opened in time for parishioners to be present for the rosary on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and will remain open for Exposition until noon, or until there is no one present in the church.
- We have put back some of the candle stands where it is safe to do so.
- Eucharistic Ministers are allowed to make one home visit a day.
Any further changes will be detailed in the newsletter.